Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oh To Be a Kid Again!

While querying the almighty Google this afternoon for the relative position of my blog in its listings (I'm not even in the first 10 pages yet...must modify strategy), I found this gem from 2005. I certainly wish I had such an instructive experience when I was a child, but this raises my confidence in the proliferation of technology to classrooms at every level. Teaching children these technology skills while also teaching them science and math and history will surely do nothing but aid their individual abilities to express themselves in this information age.

My only lasting hope is that the teachers are working the basics of design and interfaces into their art classes at these levels, so we're not treated to a bunch of high school graduates that simply communicate through black text on white PowerPoint slides.

But enough of that. I have to console myself for a few minutes over how old and dinosaurish I feel at the moment. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment